The Canonbury School Foundation is the school’s registered charity established in 1994 to raise funds for projects that enrich the lives of all pupils at the school.
ABOUT THE FOUNDATION
The foundation has helped to pay for a number of school projects including:
- The ICT suite
- Year 5 school trip to Wales
- Whole school music programme, purchasing brass instruments and supporting free music lessons for children from Years 4 – 6.
- New percussion instruments across the school
- Funding the school concerts at the Union Chapel
- Contributing costs of specialist teaching staff
Funding of two mosaics that were designed by pupils and and installed at the school in 2015
We are funded from grants such as the Youth Music, The Andrew Lloyd Webber Foundation and other charities as well as the important contributions from parents and carers at the school.
The Foundation is run by a committee of volunteers including headteacher Patrick Mildren, the chair of the PTA, the chair of governors and 5 parents:
- Danielle Cooper (Co-Chair)
- Biddy Crews (Co-Chair)
- Sophia Paterakis (Treasurer)
- Fiona Bullman
- Nick Story
You can find out more on the Charity Commission website here >